CIEH Principles of Manual Handling
Principles of Manual Handling is a stand-alone level 1 qualification, which complements the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety programme. It is aimed at those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces students to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Delegates will learn to:
- Look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods in co-operation with their managers and supervisors
- Explain what is meant by the term "manual handling" and give examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Enables employers to comply with current legislation (Health & Safety at Work Act etc.)
- Enables employers to comply with Insurance Company & HSE requirements
- Enables employees to operate in a safe manner
- Reduces the risk of Manual Handling injuries
Who Should Attend
The course is aimed at all employees who undertake manual handling activities. No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
Course Duration and Structure
This course is ½ day and is a mix of formal lectures and practical exercises, followed by a short objective examination of 20 questions. CIEH Certificates will be awarded upon successful completion. This course can be delivered at our own conference facility or at the customers own premises. Light refreshments are included.
Course Costs & Dates
The cost (including all materials etc.) is £40 + VAT per delegate.
A ½ day course for delegates from 1 company, if held at the clients premises is charged at £199 + VAT. CIEH registration is charged at £7.20 + VAT per delegate (maximum 12 delegates per course)
Need a quotation or some adivce?
0800 043 0691
Click here to Get in Touch alternatively