CIEH Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety
This training programme has been designed to provide essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety for employees working in any sector of business, whether manufacturing, commerce, public sector or the service industries.
Good health and safety standards rely on employers and employees working together to reduce risks and prevent accidents and ill health arising from work activities. Employers have a responsibility to provide safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as safe systems and methods for workplace activities.
An essential element of any safe system is the knowledge and attitude of employees, and this demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
The Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace represents a foundation of knowledge required by everyone. A further range of certificated Health and Safety courses covering manual handling and COSHH are also available.
The Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety aims to provide employees with health and safety understanding which will enable them to contribute to any health and safety management system.
In particular the programme will enable the student to:
- Work in a safe and healthy manner and contribute to improving health and safety within an organisationís policy.
- Identify key hazards in their own workplace.
- Understand the importance of health and safety rules and working procedures.
- Report potential health and safety problems.
- Be responsible for their own actions.
Teaching Time: Minimum 6 hours
Assessment Format: Multiple choice question exam
Designed for: All employees
- Health and safety at work
- Health and safety law
- Prevention of accidents and ill health
- Risk assessment
- First aid at work
- Personal protective equipment (ppe)
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Work equipment
- Fire prevention
- Occupational health
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual handling
Need a quotation or some adivce?
0800 043 0691
Click here to Get in Touch alternatively